Thursday, October 8, 2009

What is a girl to do?

The typical love story: boy meets girl. they fall in love. they get married. blah blah blah.. happily ever after. Right?Now that sounds all roses and sunshine and smiley faces, don't get me wrong. But my question is: how do boys expect us to swoon over them when they don't treat us with respect, or even act like gentlemen anymore?

The reason I chose to write about this today is because I'm sick of boys not acting like gentlemen; or even showing girls respect! For example, alot of my guy friends throw around terms such as "hoe" or "skank whore" when referring to girls. I know they are being funny, but honestly do they expect to treat these females with an decency or respect when they are calling them these durogatory and offensive names? I doubt any of them would want their sisters or their moms (or maybe even their grandmothers?) to be called any of these names, so why is it ok for them to use them? I think rap music might be partially to blame for this... haha

Not to sound needy or anything, but I think I can confidently say that most girls need a guy to treat them like an actual human being, instead of some arm candy that doesn't need to talk, or just a pair of lips you'd like to make out with. These days I feel like guys have really perfected the art of not having eye contact while talking to a girl, texting or playing game apps on their phones the entire time they are hanging out with someone, and wearing clothes that are: too small, too tight, and are affiliated with ed hardy or affliction (sorry if this offends you, but if you're offended right now, please go to the nearest mall and find a new store to shop at that has your correct sizes (ie not Baby Gap) and does not sell either of the 2 aforementioned brands. Thanks!)

Since when did it go out of style for guys to have manners? Seriously, how do you guys expect us to fall for you if you don't even know how to catch us? I for one, don't want to fall flat on my face. If men expect us to swoon over them, they need to start stepping up their a-games, and fast.

2 comments:

  1. I may be old-fashioned... but I would like it if guys treated women with respect in general... not just when they want to get her attention. Back in the day men got up from their seats to give it to women, or simply took off their hats to acknowledge their presence. Granted, back then we were also seen as weak and unable to think without a man by our sides, but sometimes I wonder if the feminist movement went a little too far... Nope, I don't wonder. I think it did.

    In other words, I think our great-grandmas are partially to blame, haha! We should demand respect! ESPECIALLY in a relationship. End of story. I rather be single than with a guy that can't treat me with the respect I deserve for just being a human and a girl.

    ReplyDelete